Terms and Conditions of Use
The services provided by Rental History Reports (RHR) are restricted to legitimate businesses that have appropriate business needs for the information. All approved subscribers have been carefully screened and qualified under the company’s enrollment process. The company does not provide its services to consumers. The company does not collect or compile information on particular persons or subjects. The information available through online services has been obtained from public sources or publicly available sources. RHR maintains strict standards regarding its customer base, access to the information and the management of its databases. The company makes every effort, through its policies and procedures, to provide information that is current, accurate and is being used for appropriate purposes. RHR provides the information and services on its World Wide Web site(s) (the “site”) under the following terms and conditions. By accessing and/or using the site, you indicate your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Access to and use of this Site are subject to all applicable international, federal, state and local laws and regulations. User agrees not to use the Site in any way that violates such laws or regulations.
2. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS. The information available on or through this Site is the property of RHR, or its licensors, and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. Users may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, publish, sell, license, create derivative works or otherwise use any information available on or through this Site for commercial or public purposes. Users may not use the trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) for any purpose including, but not limited to use as “hot links” or meta tags in other pages or sites in the World Wide Web without the written permission of RHR or such third party that may own the mark.
3. TAMPERING. User agrees not to modify, move, add to, delete or otherwise tamper with the information contained in RHR’s website. User also agrees not to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or unlawfully use or reproduce any of the software, copyrighted or trademarked material, trade secrets, or other proprietary information contained in the Site.
4. THIRD PARTY INFORMATION. Although RHR monitors the information on the Site, some of the information is supplied by independent third parties. While RHR makes every effort to insure the accuracy of all information on the Site, RHR makes no warranty as to the accuracy of any such information.
5. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES. This Site may contain links that will let you access other Web sites that are not under the control of RHR. The links are only provided as a convenience and RHR does not endorse any of these sites. RHR assumes no responsibility or liability for any material that may be accessed on other Web sites reached through this Site, nor does RHR make any representation regarding the quality of any product or service contained at any such site.
6. LINKS FROM THIRD PARTY SITES. RHR prohibits unauthorized links to the Site and the framing of any information contained on the Site or any portion of the Site. RHR reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames. RHR has no responsibility or liability for any material on other Web sites that may contains links to this Site
7. NO WARRANTIES. Information and documents provided on this Site are provided “as is “without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. RHR uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this Site; it does not, however, make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or completeness. RHR periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the information and documents on this Site without notice. RHR assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this Site. Your use of the Site is at your own risk.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Under no circumstances shall RHR be liable for any damages suffered by you, including any incidental, special or consequential damages (including, without limitation, any lost profits or damages for business interruption, loss of information, programs or other data) that result from access to, use of, or inability to use this site or due to any breach of security associated with the transmission of information through the internet, even if RHR was advised of the possibility of such damages.
10. SECURITY. Data transmitted to and from RHR client sites is encrypted for the user’s protection. However, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. RHR is not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the Internet or for changes of losses of data. User is responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID, or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of RHR sites. In order to protect you and your data, RHR may suspend your use of a client site, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected.
12. ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED AREAS. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure area of the Site is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution.
13. JURISDICTION/GOVERNING LAW. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota, USA, and applicable federal laws without regards to conflicts of law principles. User agrees that any and all proceedings relating to this site and the subject matter contained herein shall be maintained in the courts of the State of Minnesota or the federal district courts sitting in Minnesota, which courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction for such purpose.